Miss a week?
Many older sermons are found at the Viking Alliance Church YouTube Channel. Here is information on our last three Sundays, and links to our last six Sundays.
Sunday November 25, 2018
It is a promise of God that before disaster strikes, God comes in to remind his people that they could never be forgotten.
1. The Promise - It is not that God will not forget about us but that he could not forget about us. Rather than us showing devotion to prove ourselves to him, he shows devotion to us. While we may feel abandoned, and can call on God to remember us, it is impossible to be truly forgotten.
2. The Context - This chapter is clearly about Jesus, but the promise flows down to all those who follow Jesus. Isaiah was written just before a major national disaster, before that happened God wanted them to know his devotion to them.
3. The Saviour - Jesus is the only one forsaken of God, and he was so he could empathize with us. God has great riches for us. We cannot even comprehend all that he has for us, even when things seem bleak.
I Am Righteous
Sunday November 11, 2018
2 Corinthians 5:21
It is a promise of God that when I am reconciled with Him, it is because I have exchanged my identity, I am no longer a sinner but a saint.
1. Back to Basics - Jesus perfectly understood the sacrifice that was needed to bring us to righteousness. He was happy to pay the price that needed to be paid. God came to a sinful world because he knew how deeply we needed a Saviour.
2. The Greatest Trade - Jesus did not just forgive us for past mistakes and then leave us to start over again. He actually replaces the sinful nature with his righteousness. I am fully tied to his death and resurrection, one takes away my sin while the other gives me his eternal life.
3. Living with a new jersey - This is all about a change of identity. I am no longer a sinner but a saint. Our part is just to see ourselves as Jesus sees us.
Deeper Life Seminar - Sunday September 30, 2018. Click on this video to watch an extended time of teaching regarding the topic of forgiveness.